One of my favorite no-bake pie crusts is the classic graham cracker crust. It’s tasty, crunchy and great with all types of no-bake pies such as no-bake cheesecake. The best part? It’s super easy.
1 1/2 cups crushed graham crackers (about 20 squares)
1/2 cup butter (1 stick)
2 Tablespoons sugar
In addition to your ingredients, you will need a 9- or 10-inch pie pan, a large, sealable plastic bag and a rubber mallet (or rolling pin).
1. First, put all the graham crackers in the plastic bag and smash them into crumbs using the rubber mallet. Or, if you don’t have a mallet, you can roll them with the rolling pin. Set aside.
It’s always helpful to have a destruction-inclined child at the ready for this operation.
2. Next, if your pie plate is microwave safe, melt the butter directly in it. If not, melt the butter in a microwave safe container and pour into the pie plate.
3. Add the graham cracker crumbs and the sugar to the pan. Mix thoroughly.
4. Press the mixture into the pan uniformly, starting on the bottom, then pressing the corner and sides. Finally, press an even edge into the top rim of the crust.
5. Chill the crust in the refrigerator for an hour to solidify.
That’s it! You’re now ready to fill that crust with something fantastic.
Naturally, I recommend my recipe for no-fail, all-natural no-bake cheesecake. Phwoar!